Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Faulty streetlights a bane for village folk

What say you on the issue below?

A TOTAL of 86 streetlights on 25 roads throughout Kampung Baru Kundang in Kundang have not functioned for a year.

The roads are Jalan KBK Utama, Jalan KBK 1, Jalan Pekan 1, Jalan Pekan 2, Jalan KBK 2, Jalan KBK 3, Jalan KBK 4, Jalan KBK 5, Jalan KBK 6, Jalan Sekolah, Lorong Klinik, Jalan Tambahan 2, Jalan Tambahan 5, Jalan Tambahan 6, Jalan Tambahan 7, Jalan Tambahan 9, Jalan Tambahan 11, Jalan Tambahan 14, Jalan Tambahan 18, Jalan Tambahan 19, Jalan Tambahan 20, Jalan Tambahan Tengah, Lorong 19/1A, Lorong 19/1B and Lorong 19/1C.

Not working: Wong (left) and Mohd Asri standing beside a the streetlight pole in Jalan Sekolah just beside a school back entrance in Kampung Baru Kundang.

Kampung Baru Kundang Village Development and Security Committee (JKKK) chairman Wong Seng Fock said: “I have personally gone around the whole village to check on the streetlights.

“When I write to the Selayang Municipal Council (MPS), they put the blame on Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB). And when I call TNB, they put the blame on MPS.

“I do not want to know who is to take the blame as long the streetlights are working. It is the duty of the proper authorities to ensure that streetlights are in working condition,’’ he said.

Selayang MP William Leong’s personal assistant Mohd Asri Ahmad said just before the 2008 March election, the streetlights were working.

“And they went kaput after only six months. This is a very common problem here. There is no quality in the job done to fix these streetlights and I hope that TNB and MPS would ensure quality work when they fix the streetlights in the future,’’ he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment