Thursday, December 29, 2011

Johor Premium Outlets a big draw for shoppers

What say you on the issue below?

THE Johor Premium Outlets (JPO) has become a popular destination for local and foreign shopaholics.

Singaporean Sachin Patel, 44, who brought his family to shop at the JPO on Christmas Day, said the outlet had received plenty of media coverage in his country since opening on Dec 11.

“The price of goods here is cheap compared to other shopping places in Malaysia,” he added.

Good bargains: Patel (left) with his family doing some shopping on Christmas Day at the Johor Premium Outlets.

Sachin took the opportunity to shop at the JPO on Christmas Day as many shops in Singapore are closed during the festive period.

Another Singaporean M. Vinod, 32, said he visited the JPO instead of attending open house invites in Singapore on Christmas.

“My friends had invited me to homes on Christmas, but instead I come here first to find out the brands offered at JPO.

“Hopefully I can made it up to them by buying a few chocolates as they have a sweet tooth,” he said.

Local businessman Mohammad Saiful Halim, 50, said he was surprised with the numbers of visitors at JPO during Christmas Day.

Thinking that the outlet would be deserted, he added the outlet’s car park was full as vehicles made a beeline to the area.

“However, I am adamant to visit the JPO as I am a Johorean, but I am proud to see the fast development in my state,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment