Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ambitious Liew is a beauty pageant regular

What say you on the issue below?

AMELIA Liew Huann Ran, or Amelia to her friends, is a familiar face in beauty pageants who is also at home with modelling and event management.

Liew, who turned 27 on Oct 17, did her Bachelor of Business in Marketing and Finance at Taylor’s University.

As a dog lover and the owner of a Shihtzu and a Pekingese, Liew also obtained a certificate in professional pet grooming.

Personal favourites: Liew loves clothes, shoes and bags.

Liew, who is frequently mistaken for a Korean or a Japanese, was born in Malaysia and grew up in Adelaide, Australia till the age of 10.

She had previously taken part in the Miss Malaysia Universe 2009 and Miss Global International Malaysia 2011 pageants where she finished in the top eight.

Ambitious and beautiful, Liew will be representing Malaysia in the Miss Asia 2011 pageant organised by Asia Television Ltd (ATV) of Hong Kong.

The grand finals of the pageant will be held in Hong Kong on Jan 14, 2012. At the pageant Liew will parade in a contemporary baju kebaya designed by Alin Anuar.

Standing at 5’8” and weighing 57kg, Liew has experience working as an emcee and a savings planner.

The multi-talented woman also plays the piano and performs the Sichuan face-changing dance, which originated in China.

Despite her packed schedule, Liew pays extra attention to her health and works out often.

“I love outdoor activities such as swimming, playing golf and travelling,” said Liew.

Being at home in the fashion world, she prefers trendy and colourful attire.

“I love clothes, shoes and bags and I have most in matching sets. I own 50 pairs of shoes, which include heels, flats, sandals, boots and sneakers,” she said.

“I tend to follow fashion trends in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea but as a true Malaysian I own a cheongsam, a baju kebaya and a saree,” she added.

Always self-assured, Liew’s motto in life is “Be confident in everything you do and never give up”.

She stays motivated by telling herself never to stop dreaming and never to stop chasing her dreams.

“To be on stage was my childhood dream and I will continue chasing my dreams till whatever age. Now that I have the chance to stand on an international platform, it’s like a dream come true. I am one step closer and will do my very best to achieve my goals,” she added.

Accepting constructive criticism and learning from it has made Liew a strong person.

The bubbly and cheerful woman said she was lucky to have full support from her family, especially from her single mother and her close friends.

Happy and excited, Liew said she was looking forward to the pageant in Hong Kong.

“I would love to pursue my career if there is going to be such an opportunity in Hong Kong,” she added.

Liew will be leaving for Hong Kong on Christmas day to compete in the Miss Asia 2011 pageant.

No comments:

Post a Comment