Saturday, September 19, 2009

Living life by the day

What say you on the issue below?

BOOKING my flight to Kuching was a spontaneous decision because I need a break from city life.

I wasn’t worried about being too bored in Kuching even though I didn’t have any plans as I believed that things would turn out fine in the end, as always seem to do for me.

Before I knew it, my two-week getaway was crammed to the brim with activities and meetings with new and old friends, even some readers of my blog.

How did all this happen?

Well, I made a few phone calls, put an announcement in my blog, Facebook and Twitter. And, suddenly, I had a bunch of friends eager to take me out to eat this or that in Kuching.

Looking for adventure: Caving in the largest cave in the world - Deer cave – located in Mulu.

“But what if no one turns up and you end up alone in Kuching?” some may ask.

Well, I wouldn’t know but it’s not worth worrying about. Isn’t life supposed to be spontaneous?

No matter what you do or where you are in life, you would have worried about it before but the reality never seems to be as bad as we make it out to be.

And while we’re sitting worrying about the future, it will eventually become the present. So why worry?

Things always fall into place as they should, when they should. And, even if they don’t, I could always check into a budget hotel, meet some fellow solo travellers from around the corner and we could end up being the best of friends as we explore the city together.

As a dear friend always says: “If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!”

But that doesn’t mean one should not thing about the future. By all means, think, plan, draft out little five-year plans with all the tiny details and throw in a few back-up plans for safety’s sake.

But never think for a second that life is going to turn out the way you want it to, because, unfortunately, life is never perfect, nor predictable.

While we can dream about owning a RM1mil apartment in five years, most dreams hardly come true.

Heck, you don’t even know if the trip to the bar tonight is going to happen or not. Some buddies might call in at the last minute and the whole girls/boys night out would be called off.

So sit back, chill, and take in the breeze. You know life is never easy, never predictable, never fair anyway; why not cruise along and observe the formation of the waves in life.

You might just stumble across a lost pearl or a mermaid on your way.

As for me, I had a diving trip to catch that Sunday with a bunch of Kuching divers I had never met and a 20-hour journey to Unesco World Heritage site Mulu for some caving experiences.

And, while my new friends waited for my return to Kuching, we were going to throw a live sago worm cocktail party before my flight back to KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment