Sunday, September 6, 2009

I will not apologise to Guan Eng, says MCA man

What say you on the issue below?

BUTTERWORTH: An MCA Youth leader who allegedly behaved rudely towards Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng will not apologise for his behaviour.

Bagan MCA division Youth chief David Chua said his party’s leadership felt Lim should instead apologise for allegedly ridiculing the party and its president Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat.

“MCA will not apologise to anybody because I stand by my principles and integrity,” he said, referring to the Aug 30 dinner in Raja Uda where he rushed towards the table where Lim was seated after delivering a speech, seeking an explanation on Lim’s remarks.

Lim was the guest of honour at the Phor Thor dinner held in conjunction with the Hungry Ghost Festival.

“The person who should give the apology is from the other side,” Chua told a press conference at the Bagan MCA division office in Jalan Kampung Benggali here yesterday.

Asked if he would apologise to the organisers of the event, Chua said they should understand that he (Chua) was a rightful guest at the function.

“You (the organisers) understand his (Lim’s) sentiments, but what about my sentiments and my party’s sentiments?

“They should remain neutral and take the stand that both sides were wrong, and I will accept that,” he said.

Chua said MCA Youth chief Datuk Dr Wee Ka Siong had remarked that he was proud of him for standing up for the party.

“If my party says that I’m wrong, then I will resign because I am a man of principle,” he said.

Chua, who is also patron to the Sin Chin Temple Committee, said his committee had prior to the incident invited Lim to attend its Phor Thor dinner at the Tan Association hall in Kampung Paya, Butterworth on Wednesday.

“I will be a gentleman and give Lim due respect if he turns up for the event,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment