Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tan and brother scramble to finish RM100,000 in four hours after winning contest

What say you on the issue below?

IT WAS a shopping spree like no other for Johorean Tan Kian Wee who had to spend RM100,000 in four hours after winning the grand prize of the ‘MasterCard Shopathon Priceless’ contest.

The 35-year-old furniture exporter said the whole experience was like a dream as no ordinary person would have the chance to spend such a huge amount of money in so little time.

“I was in shock when I first received the call as I have participated in many contests before but I have never won anything. My lucky angels have finally found me,” he said.

Tan, who was allowed to bring one person to assist him in the shopping, brought his younger brother. The duo successfully finished the credited prize money by purchasing items for the whole family.

“I was taken to four different stores and given one hour in each to purchase electrical items, furniture, jewellery and fashion apparel.

Ready, set, go!: (From left) Malaysia Tourism Promotion Board chairman Datuk Dr Victor Wee and MasterCard Worldwide vice-president and senior country manager Malaysia and Brunei Jim Cheah giving the thumbs-up to Tan.

“My brother and I did not think too much but bought based on instincts.

“My favourite item was the latest Samsung LED Smart TV which I have always wanted that costs about RM10,000.

“I also bought three limited edition designer watches and diamond jewellery for myself and my family.

“My whole family is in Kuala Lumpur, except for my sister.

“Overall, it was a crazy experience and definitely an unforgettable one, thanks to MasterCard,” he said.

Among others, Tan also bought a refrigerator, home theatre system, leather sofa, four divans — one for his parents and one each for him and his siblings.

Tan plans to move his old furniture and electrical appliances to his parents’ place and refurbish his home, where all of them are currently staying.

‘MasterCard Shopathon Priceless’ contest was held between June 15 and Sept 4.

All MasterCard holders had to do to participate was spend at 1Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival 2011 and register their transactions online and be eligible to the lucky draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment