Friday, November 4, 2011

Tambun MP comes to the aid of couple in need of aid

What say you on the issue below?

POINTING at his appendicitis scar 48-year-old Azmi Murad’s face showed that he suffers in silence.

Due to a ruptured appendix, he suffered a stroke that left him unable to raise his left hand and he also spoke with difficulty.

Good support: Ahmad Husni (second left) showing the baking equipment and products that were provided to Azmi (third from left) and Rosnah (second from right) at their house in Manjoi recently.

Being the sole breadwinner, Azmi who used to paint houses on a contract basis now sits at home hoping for a miracle to happen.

“I have four children and a wife to support, and being admitted in the hospital since February this year, my life has changed tremendously.

“My wife is not working, while my children aged between 17 and 24 years are still studying,” he said when met at his house in Manjoi, Ipoh recently.

Tambun MP Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah who visited the family recently provided RM1,000 cash, and RM2,000 worth of equipment and baking products for Azmi’s wife Rosnah Jaafar to start a business making cookies.

Rosnah, 45, said luckily she knew how to bake cookies which had come in handy now.

“Since my husband was admitted in the hospital I have been baking cookies on a small scale and selling to family, friends and neighbours to earn an income to support the family.

“However I am glad that the MP helped ease our burden by providing the capital for me to expand my business,” she added.

She said the monthly household expenditure could reach about RM700, as they had to pay for house rental, college and school fees, and utility bills.

“My husband could earn over RM800 monthly, but now that income is no longer available, and I have to bake in order to support the family.

“I just hope people will support me by buying my cookies to ease our burden a little,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment