Friday, June 25, 2010

Still a pretty  woman

What say you on the issue below?

She is the the emblematic woman of our time, a radiant beauty as well as a unique personality.

We're talking, of course, about Julia Roberts.

The Academy Award winner for Erin Brockovich has worked with the industry's most esteemed directors and actors, and appeared in many successful films such as the unforgettable Pretty Woman, The Pelican Brief, Notting Hill, Ocean's Eleven and more recently Valentine's Day. Up next is Eat, Pray, Love.

Movie star Julia Roberts shares her thoughts on beauty and the simple pleasures in life

At 42, the mother of three still emits plenty of radiance, beauty and star quality.

And to further confirm the star's stature, Lancôme has announced Roberts as the new brand ambassador.

She will be endorsing Virtuose Precious Cells, a ground breaking mascara formula that incorporates the famous Swiss Apple Malus Domestica to provide lash regeneration.

For Roberts, Lancôme is "the ultimate beauty brand."

"It's Isabella Rossellini; it's elegance. I find it incredible they've now picked me!" she exclaims in a press release.

What do you think of Lancôme's vision of femininity?

Graceful and timeless. Beautiful and empowered women.

What is your own personal definition of beauty?

Being joyous and having a good sense of humour: that is what describes the most beautiful people I know.

What does elegance mean to you?

Elegance for me is a quiet confidence. It could be embodied by someone like (French actress) Anouk Aimée. Women like her just seem to be so comfortable with who they are and where they are.

Julia Roberts will be endorsing Virtuose Precious Cells, Lancome's ground breaking mascara

What do you look for in a skincare product?

What I look for in a skincare product is something light and easy. I don't like to put many layers of things or ask myself "How does this work?" What is nice is when the products that you use do what they're supposed to do.

Can you describe your daily beauty routine? What skincare and makeup products do you use?

I try to always put sunscreen on. I think that's the most important, the true essential. I'm more of an indoor person fortunately, but since I've figured out that I really should wear sunscreen all the time, I've been wearing some.

Eye cream is also getting more and more important to me. So I actually am remembering to use some on a regular basis.

I think that if you have very little time, then eye cream and sunscreen are really the keys. If you can do more, then add some moisturiser on the neck.

And then for make-up, always a Juicy Tube! And then a little curling of the eyelashes never hurts anybody! I also love eyeliner. I always think if I put enough on, I'll turn into Sophia Loren! And it never happens!

What is the best beauty tip you have ever been given?

Curling your eyelashes and keeping your eyebrows groomed. That can really change your look. If not, how about just being happy in your life? Because I believe that eventually the way you feel about your life is going to show on your face.

Did you always have good skin?

Yes. I am lucky to have good genes from my parents. I have a good starting point!

Did you always want to be an actress?

No, I wanted to be a vet! I love animals, but then I discovered how hard science can be …

Which of your early roles really changed things for you?

Mystic Pizza, I would say. It was really a beautiful movie to be part of and a really fun part to play.

It had a nice impact in the business world too. I think that this film probably made the biggest early difference for me. It had a big effect on me personally and also professionally. Then came Pretty Woman.

What is your biggest indulgence at the moment?

Scrabble.

What are you passionate about?

My husband.

What do you do to relax and unwind?

Knit.

What is your favourite town or place?

New York City, probably.

What is your greatest strength?

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment