Friday, June 25, 2010

Beautiful philosophy

What say you on the issue below?

Since clinching the Miss Malaysia/World 2009/2010 title, Thanuja Ananthan, 24, has kept herself busy with charitable causes.

One of her pet projects was posing for an ad campaign by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta); the recent campaign by Peta Asia Pacific is in support of spay-and-neuter awareness.

Thanuja Ananthan's crowning glory

The 178cm tall beauty queen, who represented Malaysia at the Miss World international finals in Johannesburg, South Africa last December, is also the ambassador for the stART Foundation and National Cancer Society Malaysia (NCSM).

In March, Thanuja participated in a workshop held for members of stART Foundation, which is to boost teenagers' potential. Thanuja was amongst the motivational panel of speakers.

In May, she was announced as the official ambassador for the NCSM in conjunction with the Standard Chartered KL Marathon. Thanuja pledged to run 10km on June 27 to raise funds for the NCSM.

Presently, Thanuja is also pursuing an undergraduate degree in law from Northumbria University via distance learning. In her free time, Thanuja likes to relax on the beach. She has a desire to learn scuba diving as she loves to get close to nature and observe marine life.

Thanuja doesn't drink alcohol but likes mocktails when chilling out with friends. She always keeps herself well-hydrated with water and green tea.

Thanuja's favourite skincare product at the moment is Eucerin Aquaporin Active. The product activates the skin's own moisture network by fostering the creation of new aquaporins. It results in moisture entering into the skin, even in deeper epidermal layers.

In your opinion, what makes a person beautiful? Genuineness. A true person is real and that is what makes a person beautiful. A combination of self-confidence (that does not border on arrogance) and humility is what makes a person real and true.

Which beautiful person do you admire? My mum. She is the true epitome of beauty. Courageous, intelligent, innately elegant, true to herself regardless of the situations and incredibly loving!

What is your basic skincare routine? It's a four-step ritual that involves cleansing, scrub, mask and moisturise. Diet plays an important part as well. I eat well, sleep well and never go to bed with my make-up on. I also keep myself hydrated by drinking loads of water.

What do you like best about your appearance? Now that's a hard question. I can't pick ... I believe I'm a pretty blessed woman! But if I really have to pick, it would be my height and my big hair!

What do you like least? None! I am truly happy and blessed with all that's me! Of course, there are days where I don't feel good, but I remind myself of my blessings.

What skincare brands do you use and why? Eucerin Aquaporin Active as it suits my hectic lifestyle in ensuring that my skin stays hydrated and supple, just the way it should.

How does Eucerin fit into your daily lifestyle? It's easy to use, and not oily unlike other moisturising products. I love the brand's eye cream! It doesn't get into my eye and it really helps reduce dark circles and livens up your peepers!

What beauty items do you always have in your handbag? Beauty items that are constantly in my bag are compact powder, lip balm and kohl pencil liner. I swear by Kohl pencil liner! It is my number one beauty enhancing essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment