Friday, June 25, 2010

Intan loves the rush

What say you on the issue below?

Intan Ladyana Mohamat Yahaya is where she wants to be at this stage of her life. She goes with the flow, like when she puts pedal to the metal in her little blue steed.

SOME may suggest that the car you drive says a lot about your status.

Try asking Intan Ladyana Mohamat Yahaya about her choice of a navy blue BMW 116i and she will probably tell you it’s not purely about prestige or speed.

“Cars are almost like a fashion statement. I just can’t say why I wear a certain style they way I do. Likewise, I chose this car because to me it’s a real beauty and I also like the speed,” said the 27-year-old celebrity who owes her looks to her southern Thai mother Wan Zurina, a motivation consultant.

Those very looks probably betray the fact that she enjoys speed.

The soft-spoken actress, who has graced many commercials and cover magazines admits to being summoned for running a red light and speeding on the highway once too often.

“I get such thrills from driving a fast car. People can’t believe that I’m a speed demon when they see me, “said Intan. who has modelled for Oil of Olay, Dentyne, Celcom, Hotlink, Nokia, Dashing, Follow Me Hair Mousse, Jacob’s, Toyota Hilux, Dell Computer, Djarum(Indonesia), McDonald’s and KinderBueno.

In fact, driving is another way for Intan to “destress, a respite from her never-ending busy schedule”.

Like most people she got her driving licence right after school but she only began to really use it four years later.

After overcoming some early driving jitters - the result of some close shaves on the road, the speed fiend began to emerge, first in a Perodua Kelisa, which her mother passed to her.

And now in her present 116i, which she describes as “the coolest and most precious item” she has ever owned to date.

“I’m contented with this little luxury that I have. Thanks to my mum who helpd me with the purchase. It’s nothing much for some people but it’s everything to me.

“It’s simple, elegant and a real comfort when driving on busy roads.

“But my dream car will always be a Porshe Cayenne, which I dont think I will be able to own in my lifetime while my second favourite is the Audi TT,” she says.

Intan, who has hosted programmes like Hello Minda TV1, Adventurace and F&N, however admits to knowing little about what makes cars tick.

“I only know how to send my car for service or minor repairs in workshops. Don’t ask me if I’ve ever changed a tyre because I can’t lie...,” she says.

Intan, who started her acting career in the movie Tipah Tertipu in 2006, stumbled into the movie industry by chance.

She started off as a model, working part-time modelling stints as a means of earning extra pocket money when she was studying law at a local university.

As fate would have it, Intan was forced to choose between her studies and modelling passion in her last semester. She chose the latter, a decision “I partly regretted but deep down I know God knows what’s best for me.”

Looking back, I wish things were different then and maybe... who knows I could get my degree and acting career, both at the same time.

“From then on, I just plodded on to make a name in this acting line. It was a chance acting debut for me. I began to start liking acting even more every day,” said the actress who was featured in movies like Jangan Pandang Belakang and I’m Not Single.

It wasn’t long before her striking looks became a familiar feature in TV dramas like Trio & Bujal, Puteri, Jelatang, Hanya Satu, Fantasi Cinta Dobi and currently Adnan Sempit The Series.

The second of three siblings, Intan has many suitors clamouring for her attention.

For the record, Intan is in a serious relationship with budding actor Kamal Adli.

“We get along well and it’s been quite good so far. We try not to let our work get in the way. Text messages and small chats make up the time when we can’t be together,” said Intan who dismisses talk about settling down.

“I love what I’m doing right now. I am blessed with a loving family who supports me. I just go with the flow. There is no hurry to settle down,” said Intan.

She has received her fair share of brickbats as an actress and proving her critics wrong is tops on her agenda.

“I can accept criticism because I know it’s nothing personal. I try to take it positively. So when I read reports about me acting badly, I don’t take it to heart. Instead, I try to improve.

“The comments I get lately have been quite encouraging. This just inspires me to give my best.

“It’s perfectly normal (to be criticised) as I do not have an acting foundation.”

But Intan said her friends have told her there has been a marked improvement in her acting.

“I suppose that is a good sign but I will not be complacent,” said Intan who prefers the TV series Adnan Sempit compared to the movie of the same title.

“Personally, the Adnan Sempit storyline picks up during the 14th episode. That’s where you know what happened to Adnan at his workplace, the union party and so on,” said Intan, whose career is being managed by MIG Production Sdn Bhd.

But acting will not be the final entry on her resume.

“I will stick around in acting as long as I feel I am needed. When the time is right, I think I will quit and set up a boutique,” said Intan.

No comments:

Post a Comment