Monday, August 31, 2009

We should respect all religions

What say you on the issue below?

I READ with disgust the act of so-called Muslims protesting against the proposed relocation of a temple near their neighbourhood.

Don’t get me wrong. I believe they have a right to protest against something they do not agree with, in this case the relocation of the temple.

But what disgusted me was their act, which was disrespectful to the Hindu religion.

For me, insulting another person’s religion is totally inappropriate.

The protesters could have just marched to the State Secretariat building and handed over a memorandum like civilised men.

I have many friends who are non-Muslim and I am rather comfortable with it.

I respect what they believe in and, in return, they respect the things that I believe in.

People, no matter what their belief, feel hurt, happy, sadness and joy. So I make it a point to always treat people of other religions the way I want them to treat me.

Islam has always taught its followers to do good things and not the opposite. For me, there is no such thing as bad religions, only bad followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment