Sunday, August 30, 2009

Merdeka frustrated at not getting to meet friends

What say you on the issue below?

PASIR MAS: Mohd Merdeka Che Soh is sad that he cannot attend the National Day celebrations at Parliament Square.

The teacher at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Tendong said: "I understand that the government has decided to hold a closed event for this year's National Day due to the H1N1 threat.

"But deep in my heart, I am still frustrated. I want to meet my friends, especially those named Merdeka whom I met in the 2007 celebrations in Kuala Lumpur," said the father of six.

Merdeka of Kampung Jias, turns 52 this year.

Mohd Merdeka Che Soh who attended the National Day celebrations in Kuala Lumpur in 2007 wants to meet his friends, especially those named Merdeka.
Mohd Merdeka Che Soh who attended the National Day celebrations in Kuala Lumpur in 2007 wants to meet his friends, especially those named Merdeka.


However, he is glad that the Kelantan Information Department has invited him to a Merdeka celebration at Hospital Lati today.

Merdeka said he planned to host a "small celebration" to mark his birthday.

"Although my family and I have been suffering from fever and flu since last week, we will make sure the illness will not stop us from organising something special.

"We might organise a small feast during breaking of fast, and also a special prayer.

"I am keeping all the newspaper articles about me since 2005 so that I can use them to tell stories to my grandchildren and great grandchildren."

No comments:

Post a Comment