Friday, September 11, 2015

Dr M makes acting debut in Kapsul



Dr Mahathir and wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali  with the cast of the movie Kapsul
Dr Mahathir and wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali with the cast of the movie Kapsul
KUALA LUMPUR: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has made a special guest appearance in upcoming historical science fiction film Kapsul.
In the film directed by the late Martias Mohd Ali, 90-year-old former prime minister plays himself in a small cameo.
"I have a small role. I've never done any acting like this before. So I thought why not just go for it," he said after Kapsul press preview here in KL.
He added: "I just have to act as how I usually am in public."
The film stars Faizal Hussein as high-tech security expert Zohri Ibrahim. After making a bet with a few friends, he steals a time capsule planted by Tun Mahathir which contains his vision for year 2020.
Once the capsule is activated, he is taken on a journey through time where he learns about the struggles of the generation before him.
Tun Mahathir said that he had to shoot more than one take for his scene.
"I asked for payment but they don't want to give me," he joked.
When asked if he would act again, Tun Mahathir said he'd feel nervous.
"At least I get to tell people that I've acted before," he said.
He gave the film rave reviews and was impressed by its patriotic elements.
Kapsul opens in cinemas nationwide on Sept 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment